1. to think carefully about the different possibilities that are available and choose one of them
It's up to you to decide.
2. to make an official or legal judgement
The case will be decided by a jury.
3. to affect the result of something
A mixture of skill and good luck decided the outcome of the game.
مترادف: choose ,conclude ,determine ,figure ,name ,opt ,resolve ,settle
1. to take a number or an amount away from another number or amount
6 subtracted from 9 is 3
کاستن، کم کردن، تفریق شدن، منها کردن، تفریق کردن
مترادف: abate ,deduct ,knock off ,take off
متضاد: add ,tack
1. to take part in an activity with other people
She listens but she never joins in.
1. tall, thin and attractive
Dark and willowy, she has the natural grace of a ballerina.
بید مانند، بید زار، پر بید، نرم و باریک شبیه بید، بلند
مترادف: bendy [ ,] ,flexible ,limber ,lissome ,lithe ,lithesome ,pliable ,pliant ,supple
متضاد: inflexible ,rigid ,stiff ,stiffened
1. to follow a particular belief or set of principles
That's a philosophy I could live by.
to hope that things will happen as you want them to; to wish for good luck; to literally put your middle finger over your index finger
anticipate, aspire, await, believe, desire, foresee, have faith, knock on wood, suppose, surmise, suspect, take heart, watch for, wish
Student 1: Do you think you will do well on the exam today?
Student 2: Who knows? I always study but the professor can put some really difficult questions on the exam.
Student 1: Well, I really hope we get good grades.
Student 2: Let's cross our fingers, then.
Colleague 1: I see that you are up for promotion again.
Colleague 2: I really hope that I get it this time.
Colleague 1: Cross your fingers.
Colleague 2: They are, thanks.
1) ... come back as quick as it goes so you've just got to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
2) But even he says that sometimes you just have to cross your fingers and hope that they'll get there.
3) ... you cross your fingers and hope you have made the right call.
4) February was kind and we were lucky. Cross your fingers for March.
5) ... something like that going on at some point, and you just cross your fingers, try to stay healthy, and hope it doesn't happen to you.
6) We can only cross our fingers and hope that the Mereen storyline is about to come to an end.
7) With mass production under way, we can cross our fingers that Nvidia's recently launched GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card will be readily available for ...
8) But with hope (and let's all cross our fingers here), we might actually have a usable segment of the King Coal Highway ...
9) Let us cross our fingers that government investigators can resolve in no time this hacking case.
10) We just have to sit and cross our fingers and hope that it don't change too much.
11) I believe Brazilian authorities are crossing their fingers and hoping no misfortune strikes during the Olympics.
12) ... and are receiving anywhere from 1,100 to 3,000 views. The two are crossing their fingers that the videos get seen on an international level.
13) The Government's policy on low milk prices seems to be one of crossing their fingers and hoping for the best, ...
14) ... to "solve" problems by copy-and-pasting code straight from StackOverflow and crossing their fingers, with little sense of what the code is doing or why it works.
15) ... with those unable or unwilling to pay for professional recruiting services left crossing their fingers that a hire will have the skills and experience needed to work within the team ...
16) I might have risked just dumping the liquid into drinks and crossing my fingers because testing whether it was effective wasn't a pleasant task.
17) ... so it felt like a massive step. I spent some time crossing my fingers and hoping that I was doing the right thing.
18) I'm crossing my fingers that whoever reads this will see that I am doing this tongue-in-cheek.
19) Temperature-wise I'm crossing my fingers for beautiful, sunny Colorado days.
20) We're not out of the woods yet but I am crossing my fingers that we will not see any broad-scale bleaching.
فهم هر متن علمی و عمومی (از جمله متن های بالا) ارتباط مستقیم با تعداد لغاتی که بلدید داره.
هر چی تعداد لغت بیشتری بلد باشید میتونید متن های انگلیسی رو راحتتر، سریعتر و بهتر متوجه بشید.
برای پیشرفت در هر چهار مهارت انگلیسی نیاز به لغت دارید.
موثرترین، سریع ترین و عملی ترین راه ممکن استفاده از فلش کارت است.
با فلش کارتهای آنلاین ZabanZone.ir شما با صرف حداقل وقت بیشترین یادگیری رو خواهید داشت.
سطح این لغت در سایت: